It may seem a little odd to some that the Australian importer/distributor/retailer of VFuel Endurance Gels and Drink also sells products like SOS Rehydrate [and soon SaltStick] via their website, but there’s a method to our madness. You see, SOS Rehydrate is good. Really good. And in our eyes, complementary to VFuel, not competitive.
We recommend it’s use along our gels for those who want to keep their Calories and Fluid/Hydration separate. Sure, plenty of people happily use VFuel Gels and VFuel drink together, the latter containing a very generous dose of electrolytes, but that’s not everyone’s cup of… Tea. Which is where SOS comes in.
If you’ve not heard of SOS before, here’s a few key points for you to consider:
- SOS is a powdered form of Electrolyte Replacement Drink or ORS (Oral Rehydration Solution) that the user mixes with water. At the prescribed concentration it’s been shown to be “as effective as an IV drip for mild to moderate dehydration in active lifestyles”.
- While glucose is important for Electrolyte absorption, traditional Electrolyte Replacement Drinks are full of sugar and not-so-full of electrolytes. SOS contains 3 x the Electrolytes found in your average Sports Drink but weights in at only 3.5g of carbs and 13 calories (or about 75% less than most sports drinks).
- SOS is Gluten Free, Vegan and contains no artificial sweeteners, flavours or colours.
- It tastes good! Depending on your preference on the Salty Scale, we’d suggest Mango or Coconut for those who don’t like to really taste the saltiness, while Lemon and Berry have that more traditional electrolyte taste but without all the sugar.
- The price just dropped! Formerly $21.99 per 10 stix (sachets), our good mates at SOS Rehydrate Australia just dropped their wholesale rates which means we can pass the discount on to you!