Ultra Trail Runner
Favorite Beer: Odell Cutthroat Porter
Best thing about VFuel: Great flavours and sustained energy for the long haul
Eric started his outdoors career as a backpacker, mountaineer and peak bagger. It wasn’t until 2005 that he was introduced to this crazy sport we call Ultrarunning, and it’s been downhill ever since. This love of the high alpine terrain pervades Eric’s daily training and yearly goals, and more often than not he can be found running, climbing and skiing in the mountains year round. 2012 found Eric pushing himself to new levels, becoming only the 6thperson ever to complete a multi-day 14er trek known as Nolan’s14. In his spare time he can be found taking photographs in the Colorado mountains, playing volleyball and blues dancing.
Hometown: Lafayette, CA (Now Boulder, CO)
‘Real’ Job: PRA/Lab Manager Department of Infectious Diseases Anschutz Medical Campus
Guilty Pleasure: Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
Other Hobbies: Photography, Volleyball and Blues Dancing
Best recovery meal: Boulder Chips Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper
Favorite trail running memory: Watching the sunrise from Mt Harvard on day 2 of Nolans14.
2014 Race Scedule:
- March 1st, Mississippi 50mile. Defending his title from 2013
- May 2nd, Miwok 100k.
- July 11th, Hardrock 100. Got an honorable mention from irunfar as part of an incredibly deep field http://www.irunfar.com/2013/12/hardrock-100-2014-lottery-results.html
- August 29th, UTMB 100. Awaiting the lottery on Jan 16th to find out if I am going back.
- If not UTMB then a bunch of 14er scouting, and maybe another go at Nolans, TBD.
- 6th Finisher Ever for Nolan’s 14
- Current FKT holder for the Longs Peak Radical Slam, Capitol-Snowmass 14er Linkup, Crestone Five Peak Traverse
- John Muir Trail solo through hike
- Over 300 mountains summitted all over the US and Europe
- Adventure Runs: AspenFourPass, Grand Canyon R2R2R,ZionTraverse, Buckskin & PariaCanyon,